Keep calm in all situations with my West-Strand lavender pouch. Put it in your pillow case for a good night sleep, keep it in the clothes draw or bring it on your travels.
- Every so often, give the pouch a little shake to freshen up the flowers, so that you can enjoy this lovely relaxing smell for a long time.
The West-Strand 100% wool range is handcrafted in my workshop right on the Atlantic Coast in the small village of Strandhill in Co. Sligo, in the North-West of Ireland. As all work is handmade, variations are part of the unique process of creation. That makes every product one of a kind.
Materials: The 100% sheep wool fabric is called walk. It’s made in Austria in a small town near my home village, where the wool is knitted first then hammered for strength.
The Shetland wool which is used for the walk-fabric is perhaps the completest article of its kind in the universe:
- possessing at the same time,
- the gloss and softness of silk,
- the strength of cotton,
- the whiteness of linen and
- the warmth of wool which is the finest of all native breeds.
Did you know,… Wool as a natural material with its natural wool fleece insulation keeps you warm through reflecting the body heat on cold days. On warm days it keeps you cool through its air pillow.
- It also is water resistant,
- air permeable and
- absorbs/stores moisture.